The leaves are changing colors, the air is getting cooler…fall is here! And that means that the holidays are right around the corner. Let’s be honest- one of the best things about the holidays is the food. Food is a great way to celebrate with family, a thoughtful gift for friends, and it brings everyone together.
Baking is especially loved during the holidays- kids looking for a sweet treat and adults with a “Why not?” attitude throwing the rule book out the window. Cookies, candies, cakes, and pies! There is nothing better than some holiday baking to warm up your homes and hearts.
For all of us gals here, when September rolls around, we will (without fail) begin talking about the holidays- and better yet, what we plan on cooking and baking for the holidays. This year, we thought we’d spice things up with a little cookie bake off. Using nothing but a simple cookie recipe and a decorative rolling pin, we want to know who will come up with the cutest and best tasting cookies.
The only rule? You can’t make the same type of cookie as another gal. Which means we have to be quick to submit what type of cookie we’ll be making, otherwise we could be stuck coming up with a last place recipe. Naturally, the first submission was a sugar cookie recipe. It’s a classic- but it’s also going to be hard to beat what each of us has in our mind as what a sugar cookie should taste like. The problem with baking a classic is that you have to do it just right. The rolling pin to accompany this sugar cookie? Our Christmas rolling pin, featuring Santa Clause. It’s the perfect snowy cookie to “Ho! Ho! Ho!” home with.
The second recipe submitted are gingersnaps, which are my personal favorite. I’m a little upset I didn’t think of it first, honestly. I make a mean snap! Gingersnaps have a perfect fall flavor, and she has chosen to use the Thanksgiving rolling pin for her cookies! She’s even thinking of making them into smaller squares to be able to accentuate more of the shapes on the rolling pin for each cookie.
We’re posting the two recipes we’ve submitted below to see what your thoughts are! Do you have any cookie recipes that would be amazing with our rolling pins? We have some gals who have yet to choose a recipe, and yours could be it! Or maybe an idea on how to TRY to make some of these cookie recipes healthier? Leave us a comment at the end of the post with your thoughts!
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookieshttps://bakingamoment.com/soft-and-chewy-sugar-cookies/
Makes about 3 dozen3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened1 cup granulated sugar1 large egg1 large egg yolk2 teaspoons vanilla extract2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour¼ cup cornstarch1 teaspoon baking soda½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add the egg, and beat on medium-high speed until incorporated. Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir together until incorporated.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets, allowing two inches in between for spreading. Flatten the balls slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake the cookies (one sheet at a time) in the center rack of the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are set and just barely beginning to turn golden. (Take care not to over-bake, or the cookies will not be as soft.) Cool on the baking sheet and transfer to an airtight container for storage.
Makes 4-5 dozen
6 tbsp butter, softened⅔ c. + 3 tbsp granulated sugar¼ c. molasses1 egg2 c. flour2 tsp baking soda1 tsp ground ginger1 tsp ground cinnamon½ tsp ground mace
- Cream butter and ⅔ c. sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and egg, mixing well. In another bowl, whisk together the flour through mace. Gradually mix into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap each in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 350°, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working with half of the dough at a time, shape into 1” balls. Roll each in sugar, place onto the prepared pans, and flatted with the bottom of a glass to ½” thickness. Bake for 12-14 min or until lightly browned. Cool on the pans for 5 min before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Take one of these delicious recipes and make your cookies festive with our beautiful, customized holiday rolling pins!We have rolling pins for every occasion- Halloween, Thanksgiving, Winter Holidays, Christmas, and Hanukkah.
Order a set of 4 Holiday rolling pins of any combination and save $20! You can also start with one at $29.95! They are great to customize your cookies and pie crusts, and a great gift to give to friends and family!
Sets of Rolling Pins: http://www.kustomproductsinc.com/choice-of-4-of-our-holiday-rolling-pins/
Individual Rolling Pins: http://www.kustomproductsinc.com/rolling-pins-1/
WIN A CUSTOM ENGRAVED CUTTING BOARD!This October we are giving away one (or more!) of our bestselling custom engraved cutting boards! We will be giving away a medium sized board, engraved with a handwritten recipe. Click here to enter: http://landingpagecuttingboards.gr8.com The winner will be announced on November 1st on Facebook and by email. If you [...]
Here at Kustom Products Inc we love all of our customers so as a Thank You we are offering everyone a 10% off discount coupon code for the month of August store wide! We want to offer you the best experience on our site including great coupon codes and discounts!Make sure you enter the discount [...]
A flask provides an ideal way of conveniently carrying a drink while going to different places. Some of the most popular flasks are the engraved flasks. These flasks are elegant and classy which allow users to carry them even in places where there are many people. There is a wide selection of engraved flasks that you can choose from. [...]
There is a lot of emotional significance attached to wedding gifts. They’re the thoughtful reminders of a couple’s blessings and are expected to last a lifetime. Personalized wedding gifts offer congratulations on your behalf and convey your gratitude for being part of this day. These gifts are expected to feel personal and unique, and symbolize a gesture of etiquette. [...]
As Father's Day quickly approaches, you may be in search of a gift that is just as unique as your dad's personality. He is a humorous fun-loving man who lives a vibrant full life. In that case, here are a few custom gifts for Father's Day that he just might like better than a tie!Engraved Beer GlassesIf your dad works hard [...]
Your wedding party has been with you every step of the way during the planning process and you’ve asked them to stand with you on one of the most important days of your life. Show your appreciation for their time, love and support for your special day with a personalized gift. Here are a few wedding party gift ideas [...]
When choosing a gift, we often tend to overthink whether the recipient will like our gift or not; whether it would be useful for them; or whether they have the need for it. Yes, special occasions and special people deserve time and there is nothing wrong with taking ages to decide a great gift. It only shows how much [...]
A mother is, for sure, a God- sent being to you. On this very special day, let her feel loved and appreciated. Shower her with gifts, hugs and kisses. Have you any good idea on what to present her on this auspicious event? Give her a customized gift that she will clearly fall in love with. Don’t let this [...]
Corporate events are the perfect motivation to show your gratitude and appreciation. The question that arises next is, should we have gifts? If so, what should they be? To show our thanks we usually do so through gift-giving and planning successful events. There doesn’t have to be a fine line between quality and budget, either. Nowadays you can find high-quality, [...]